Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I have just decided that EVERYTHING is going to change! The way I eat, exercise, basically live. I had a very rude wake up call last week. My mom had a heart attack, thank God she is fine. There was absolutely no damage done to her heart muscle, but the doctor said that it is probably due to the way she eats, correction: the way WE eat. This is something everyone need to know about me, I don't cook but I love food, and I am not talking fast food or junk food even ( although I do eat way to much of it ) I am talking gourmet dining! Not only do I spend a fortune on going out to eat, it turns out that those very yummy meals are probably going to end up killing me! The Doc has put my mom on a diet and exercise regimen that is fine for her, but I really need to kick it up a notch! I had my first child three years ago, and I have never really lost the 80lbs ( yes 80lbs ) I gained with her, add in a extra pregnancy and you have a really fat me! I don't regret one pound I gained during my pregnancies because I have two beautiful daughters to show for it, what I do regret is not working harder to take the weight off afterward. My youngest daughter is almost three months old and I am stating here today that by the time that she is one year old I will be back to my pre-first pregnancy size! Which is a whopping seven! That is nine dress sizes to go!! Good Luck To Me!! I will post my "before" picture, and hopefully I will have a really beautiful "after" picture to post next June. I will keep this as a diary of my diet, as well as anything else that is on my mind!
Thursday, September 01, 2005
The first day of the rest of my life!
Posted by Chrissy at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi sweetie!
First let me thank you for the BEAUTIFUL pics of the girls. It was just unbelievably sweet of you to send them. Still need to get some frames for them, as they will have a place of honor on my desk. (OK, I need to clean off the desk so they can be seen.) I should have thanked you sooner. Things get a little crazy with the wee ones around. (Like I'm telling you something you don't already know!) I get tickled with Emily as she sometimes looks at me and asks how I made it thru having kids so close together (she and Andy are 21.5 mo apart). That's an easy one---youth.
I read your blog with amazement. It is just wonderful. I wanted to respond to one of your articles, but didn't want to have to sign up to do it. Be careful with the weight loss thing kiddo. As a mother of two little ones AND a nursing mom, don't try to lose the weight too quickly. I think you said you wanted to lose 70 pounds in 9 months. That's a little fast. Also, let me advise you against fad diets (that low carb thing was the WORST idea I had seen in a long time) and diets that restrict a certain type of food (i.e. low carb). I really think that losing weight too quickly compromises your immune system and will make you suseptible to everything that comes your way, especially important since Bianka is going to preschool. She'll bring home every bug that's going around. Just promise me you'll be careful with it. I worry about you along with my other kids. FWIW, I am speaking from experience here. I gained a whopping 46 pounds of ugly fat with Andy, and by the time he was 6 weeks old, I was down to 98 pounds and sick all the time.
Should you decide to exercise at home, I have TONS of exercise videos if you would like to try some, let me know and I'll LOAN you some. Ask anyone how anal I am, and they will tell you that I know exactly where they are all the time. Finding time to go to a gym is difficult with little ones around. Good advice from someone who hasn't worked out since before Calle was born. My elbows are in good shape. Lots of exercise shoving food in my mouth!
Take care. I know the kids are looking forward to their visit with you, and I am anxious to see the pics!
Love,
Linda
Just read your profile. You sure know your way on the computer. You are pretty brave telling the whole world about your goal about losing weight. I say Go Girl Go..I wish you much success.
Love, Grandpa
Post a Comment